Sunday, July 1, 2007

Rick's Surprise Party!




We celebrated Rick's 40th birthday on Saturday.
The guys all went out to play golf to get Rick out of the house and when they returned there was a house full of guests all ready to celebrate. He appeared to be really surprised, and the kids were so excited to hide and all jump out when he entered the room. It was so hot, but I guess that's to be expected in FL the last day of June. My sister had hired a life guard and baby sitter (who Matthew was flirting with relentlessly, he's into older women as she was 15) so there were no worries about the kids so we all got to relax and had a GREAT time! I had gone out with Janet and one of her friends to Chuck E. Cheese to get the kids out of the house that morning as well so my sister could clean and prepare everything for the party. The kids had a fun time playing, thanks Janet for inviting us! We did manage to fit in a little house hunting, we have found a new construction neighborhood that we like a lot but we still want to see what else is available before we make a quick decision. We ended the day Saturday after the party with cards, which of course is one of my personal favorite things to do, then games, and it wouldn't have been a good night without making a run to the border....so off to Taco Bell I go for about 50 tacos, nachos, and cinnamon twists...all for under $30, does it get any better than that? Ha! Today was a catch up day for me with my school work, so I spent many hours working on my 2 new classes, they seem to be a little harder than any others that I've taken, well....not really as hard as just a lot of work. Hopefully I'll be better about trying to finish my work at the beginning of the week...but that would be so out of character for me. Ha! Matthew went to Blizzard Beach (Disney Water Park) with Sis, Kenzie, Sholl, Casey, Lexy, Pam, Carter, and E....from what I hear they had a great time, though they had to get out of the water for extended periods of time due to thunder. They ended up buying season passes, so I guess we'll be going there a lot once Matthew gets down here for good. Until my next post....Ang

No comments: