Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Pinewood Derby




Hunter's class had a pinewood derby and they got to decorate their own cars and everything. The excitement when they saw the track was better than the Daytona 500. They were all so excited to race...over and over and over again. Hunter's car won 3 out of 4 races, I was impressed. It was all luck no doubt since it was a bunch of preschoolers putting them together. They were all so excited and proud of their cars though and they each got a certificate after the races were finished. Then of course they turned it into a smash up derby but I guess kids will be kids. Some kids lost wheels at that point but fortunately Hunter's stayed in tact...I'm sure there would have been tears involved otherwise. It was a lot of fun to go watch but I'm glad I didn't have to do any of the carving or decorating work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Too cute! I miss you all! I hear that you all are going to be here when we come down in August! :-(