Sunday, September 7, 2008

2nd Grade Block Party


June 2nd was Matthew's school, 2nd grade block party. I went to volunteer and got to work the water balloon area. Oh, and did I mention I was one of the lucky ones along with a few others that got to provide all the FILLED water balloons as well?! My fingers were so sore from tying all those darn balloons, not to mention I looked like I had jumped into a pool I was soaked from some of the popping or slipping off the hose. The kids got a kick out of seeing me fill them and kept stealing them forcing me to fill more. But the next day when I saw how much fun the kids had with those balloons, it made it all worth it. They also had musical chairs, a snack table, a drink table, side walk chalk and the best section (besides the water balloons of course) they all got to sign each other's shirts. It was a good time, it was just a little too hot, but I guess that's why they enjoyed the water balloons even more. And the great thing is that we had a ton left over so we had a huge water balloon fight at the end as well!

No comments: